Now on it third year, PrimeTrade Asia, Inc and HERO TV present this year’s The Best of Anime 2012 which will be held on September 15 and 16 at Function Rms 4 & 5, SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
The event will highlight the following:
- Meet and Greet with the Gosiengfiao sisters, Alodia and Ashley
- Band Performances from RAIKA: A Flash of Lightning~, Evening Tea Time and Asian Chicken Fest
- “Fun” Fashion Show organized by SugarFree and Blue
Alodia and Ashley will be presiding the ribbon-cutting ceremonies on September 16 at 10AM while the meet and greet is set at 4PM at their booth.
Japan’s Visual-Kei rock band Uchuu Sentai Noiz will be also performing at the event for two days. A meet and greet session with the band is scheduled on the first day.
There will be also workshops and seminars – Blogging Workshop by Rochelle Dumlao of magnetic-rose.net, Cosplay and Figuart Photography 101 and Careers in the Animation Industry.
The event will also be having various competition:
- Quickdraw Challenge (Art contest)
- Best of Anime SuperClicker (Photo contest)
- Takoyaki Eating Contest
- All-Start Cosplay Competition —Contest rules and mechanics here
- Best of Anime Cosplay Competition —Contest rules and mechanics here
Here is the complete schedule of activities (as of August 29)
Best of Anime 2012 tickets are already selling on its regular price of 190 for 1 day and 350 for 2 days. Selling of discounted tickets already ended last September 11.
The Best of Anime 2012 will be also co-located with the biggest and one of longest-running book fairs in Asia, The 33nd Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) to be held on September 12-16 at SMX Convention Center, Pasay City.
MIBF is also organized by Primetrade Asia Inc., in partnership with Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc., Book Development Association of the Philippines, Philippine Booksellers Association, Inc., and Publishers Representatives Organization of the Philippines.