ToyCon was used to be all about toys and collecting geeky stuff, and being under one roof with pop-culture fanboys, cosplayers, gamers and comic book nerds but this year, ToyCon heads off for uncharted waters and borrowing from a certain famous space television show, “Boldy goes to when no CON has gone before.”
The Philippine ToyCon, now on its 16th year, began a partnership with Pop Life Entertainment, a leading international creative house and brand development company, last year to create the ultimate fan experience for the Filipino pop-culture fans.
FanXperience made ToyCon the staging-ground of the “ultimate fan experience” for the local fan base. This year, ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience takes up a notch higher and promises bigger entertainment with a whole new playground for the digital generation.
ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience has invited not just one, but seven big international celebrities for the Filipino fans to enjoy an up close and personal encounter. The actress of Rita Repulsa from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Carla Perez will also appear. Lucky fans will have a chance to interact one-on-on with the guest celebrities through live panels and fan-meet sessions.
TOYCON will also highlights the biggest exhibits in the world of popular culture, which includes:
- Latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines from Japan’s top toy brand Kotobukiya along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl anime and merchandise
- Movie exhibit of Warner Bros. Philippines’ upcoming line of hit movies – IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic Annabelle.
- Classic art and comic form of Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes courtesy of Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS-CBN Licensing
- The ToyCon Toy Club Gallery, which is the biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands – Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork
- and, 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay costumes, toy and collectibles.
The event will also highlight the Grand Finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and ToyCon’s very own cosplay competition.
There will be musical performance by British electric duo Addictive TV, Japanese pop duo Yanakiku and top local band.
This year, Pop Life Entertainment is also bring the Creator Stage. All digital content creators and online celebrity aspirants can make their mark on the digital stage by creating their own content at the Pop Life Creator Stage.
The ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience 2017 is happening on June 30 to July 2, 2017 at the Main Halls and Function Rooms of SMX Convention Center Manila. The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys and Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment.
More updates will be announced this week.